Friday 22 May 2015

Lush Cupcake Face Mask Review

Hello Daydreamers!

For a while now, I've been wanting to try out a Lush face mask.
I read several good reviews on the Lush website about Cupcake so decided to give it a whirl.

Cupcake currently retails for £6.50 for 75g. The product itself should be kept refrigerated because it includes fresh ingredients and only natural preservatives. Lush recommend that you use all of the product up within 3 weeks of purchase but I've had mine for 5 weeks now (such a rebel), kept it in the fridge and it still works fine.
I personally like that the face mask needs to be kept in the fridge because I think that the calming effect of a mask in magnified when the mask is cool and refreshing!


Now, onto the performance of the mask. The ingredients packed into this mask include rhassoul mud and cocoa powder which work together in unison to draw the dirt and impurities from your pores, leaving your skin fresh and cleansed. When you go to smell this mask, you will notice that there is a secondary scent of mint. Peppermint is known to actively encourage the regrowth skin cells and also tone the skin- needless to say, this mask is quite the multitasker!

I have found that on a number of occasions, this little mask managed to clear up my skin. On one occasion, I had lots of redness and irritation on my cheeks, (I assumed that it was due to a high pollen count as I suffer from hay fever), cupcake calmed and illiminated the redness of my skin, leaving it viably soothed. On another occasion, I had several sore breakouts which just wouldn't go - no matter how many deep cleanses I did, those pesky spots remained stubborn. I used cupcake one night, left it on for around 15 minutes, rinsed it off with warm water and applied a light moisturiser. The spots and irritation instantly disappeared, my skin cleared up fully within the next two days and I was amazed!
On the website, Lush state that this mask is made for oily skin as it has mattifying properties, I was not aware of this until I had bought it (I have fairly dry skin), and yes cupacke does completely remove any trace of oil but I found it still added moisture in my skin - I'm thinking that maybe this could be due to the cocoa butter?

The scent of the mask is very unusual and I wasn't a huge fan of it, however my brother thinks it smells great so it's definitely a matter of opinion. It's a strong scent which smells like chocolate mixed with mint and kinda resembles cookie dough.  
I did not need to use a lot of product for a full face application and I estimate that I will would get around 20 uses from one 75g tub. That is about 33p per application - considerably cheaper that a spa treatment!
 
All in all, I have found that this little mask really does do what it says on the tin. 
I use this when I'm having a 'bad skin day' and it never fails to rescue me. 

Have you tried any lush face masks? 

14 comments:

  1. oooh this looks lovely! I recently bought the catastrophe cosmetic blueberry mask from lush and I love it. I might have to check this one out too! x

    http://so-much-tosay.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! But I read a fairly negative review of it just this morning from Miss Budget Beauty... hmmmm maybe I'm going to have to see for myself!!

    Polka Dot Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lush face masks are generally quite good, and I'm not surprised that you like this one! The smell is quite strong that's true, but imagine the smell of the garlic mask (which I don't remember the name of) :P
    It's totally ok to keep the product longer than three weeks I think, you need so little product each time that it would be a waste otherwise! I've tried the "Love Lettuce" fresh mask, and it's also really good - and smells of lavender, which is even better!
    Thanks for the review :)

    Julia xx
    Check out my last post here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/my-current-random-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how well I could handle the smell of this haha. It looks really interesting though and I have oily skin so I might have to pop in and ask for a sample!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a LUSH mask too, glad you enjoyed it. :)

    Roxy xox | www.splashesofvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not believe I still haven't bought a single Lush product! They all look so great. Great review Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it looks like this product does wonders! I should give it a try. I love Lush products too! Great review!

    ★ meilijourney.blogspot.com ★

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have not tried out any of their masks - but with notes of mint I am definitely interested!

    I am amazed that the product didn't dry out on you after so long! My masks usually dry out within the month of my opening them. Think I need to store them differently.

    xx
    Jessica
    Kaleidoscopes & Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do need to give a few more Lush masks a go.
    This one looks like chocolate cake mix!!
    Sounds like it does a good job :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually using this mask now and i'm definitly going to do a review on it but lovley post! ;)
    caitlynhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this review so much!! I've been wanting to check this mask out for a while! At the moment I've been using mask of magnaminty,which is amazinggg,and personally I really love the mint smells at lush! Definitely a matter of opinion though for sure,and I'm glad this has been helpin ya gurl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I've wanted to try this mask for a long time! I love chocolate mint, so I'd be all about it!

    Jess
    writinginredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lush so much! You've made me want to rush to the store right this minute and pick this up! Lovely review :) x

    http://dandylove1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agh this sounds really cool.. Really want to try this! - http://themakeupbase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...