Saturday 10 January 2015

Boots Winter Beauty Haul

I'm warning you now, this is a loooong post! I suggest you get yourself a drink or snack as you may be here a while :D

In the winter I, like many others find my hair begins to look dull, my complexion turns blotchy and my hands look and feel dry- mmm... delightful! 

So whilst shopping around Boots, I managed to pick up some bits and bobs (none of them cost a bomb) that I hope will combat my winter flaws and thought I would share them with you lovely lot : )



The first thing I had to get was this tub of Coconut Oil. If you don't already know, coconut oil is solid at room temperature and melts at body temperature. I read on Pinterest that there are many ways to use this. It can be used on its own E.g. as a cuticle softener and an eye makeup remover, and I have also found it is ALWAYS an ingredient in the best projects like D.I.Y hair masks and lip scrubs. It seemed like a good all rounder.
This was £2.54 for 100ml

Next I went to the hand cream isle and chose this Neutrogena Nordic Berry Hand Cream, the last hand cream I had was actually by Neutrogena, and it lasted me ages since it was very concentrated. I thought I would give this one a whirl as it contains nordic berries and smells beautiful! This was £3.15 for 75ml.


I read somewhere that wearing Cotton Gloves with your hand cream can help lock in the moisture and allow the cream to sink in more effectively- this stands to reason when you think about it. These also cost significantly less than The Body Shops version (£7.00) at £2.59 for a pair.



To keep my nails strong throughout the winter, I got this nail strengthener by collection. This really stops them from breaking and makes my nails grow stronger. Unfortunately, for some reason, Boots have stopped selling this but it can be purchased from Superdrug for £2.50.


The next item is a bit of a cheat since my Mum actually got me this for Christmas, however it can be bought in boots for £3.69 and is perfect for winter months. It's the Burts Bees Coconut and Pear Lip Balm. This is the size of your average lip balm. I like all the Burts Bees lip balms including the honey ones and the peppermint flavored balms but I find the coconut and pear the most moisturising and the leist tingly (if you've tried any of the Burts Bees peppermint lip balms, then you'll know what I mean) I put this on before I go to sleep and find it so nourishing and a winter must have.

I then picked up 2 things for my face...

This Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream, I always think that creamy cleansers are more moisturising for the skin than the wash off kind. This smells very fresh and delicate and I'm going to just be honest here and say I chose it because the colour matches my bedroom, and it looks pretty sat on my dressing table : ) It was
£2.51 because there was an offer on, it normally  retails at £3.59

 
I picked up this Nivea Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream, for the same reason and have been loving it. It was £2.93

And finally, possibly one of the most important things to use in winter- a body moisturiser. The other day, whist sorting out my dressing table drawers, I realised that I'm a lotion hoarder! "So why have you bought another one" I hear you ask, well, I hoard them because when I'm in the shop I think "Yes, I will start to use moisturiser and smell great whilst having have glow-y skin" only to later think "nah... I cant be bothered feeling cold and having to wait for it to sink in, maybe I'll just place it in this drawer..." and there it stays for another 5-6 months. I figured with the Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser
being a spray moisturiser and claiming to sink in instantly and
leave skin soft, not sticky or greasy, I would be more likely to use it. The Scent I chose contains pure oat extract which is extremely beneficial to the skin-
♥ It sooths dry skin,
♥ Acts as an anti inflammatory
♥ And can also even out skin tone! 

This was £4.99 and I've read that it lasts about 4-5 weeks if used every other day- making it a little more expensive than the majority of moisturisers which to me seem never ending. This is great if you're traveling as it is a lot lighter than a bottle of lotion. 

If there is anything you would like me to review individually in more detail once I've fully tried them out, just let me know in a comment below : ) 

Phew! And breath... I hope you enjoyed this kind of post

Let me know if you have any winter essentials in the comments


2 comments:

  1. Hello Georgia! Recently I have noticed your cute blog and thought you deserved some recognition :) I decided to nominate you for a Liebster Award… Read more about it on my post xx https://allisg.wordpress.com/2015/01/13/the-liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed this post! It reminds me I need to show my Winter Beauty Haul as well... Anyways, I can't wait to see more posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...